Equality is a term that has many definitions. It can mean:
- working towards everyone having the same opportunities
- the same ability to access facilities and services
- or achieving the same outcomes.
It is founded on the belief that all human beings are equal and should not be disadvantaged in life just because of certain personal characteristics, such as race or sex.
On these pages you will find information on equality and diversity at sportscotland, and more widely across the sports sector. We have up to date facts, links and sport participation data for each characteristic, as well as explanations of key areas of the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any questions or would like to speak about equality in more detail, please contact a member of the strategic planning team on 0141 534 6500.
- Date published: 09 July 2012
- Date updated: 09 June 2014
- Published by: sportscotland