The 2013 Sunday Mail Young Scot Awards - call for nominations
The 2013 Sunday Mail Young Scot Awards – call for nominations for inspirational young people
The count down is on to nominate young, inspirational people for The Sunday Mail Young Scot Awards. Nominations close at midnight on Sunday 17th Feb 2013.
Now in its eighth year, the Sunday Mail Young Scot Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of 11 – 26 year olds who have made a positive impact and made a real difference in their local communities.
sportscotland is proud to be sponsoring the sport category for the fourth year running and we need your help in getting deserving young people nominated!
The glittering award ceremony will be held on Friday 19th April 2013 at the Glasgow Crown Plaza Hotel (VIP Gala Dinner) and Clyde Auditorium (Awards Ceremony). Highlights of the Award show will be broadcast on STV, and the night will feature celebrities, VIPs and surprise pop acts! Tickets are available for members of the public to purchase.
Please work with your networks to nominate individuals from your sport or local authority who deserve this opportunity. You might want to recognise a young person for:
- their hard work in sport in their community
- their extraordinary sporting achievements
- their dedication to volunteering their free time training others in a sport they love.
With the amazing work going on across the country we are sure to not be short of nominations but we need your support to make these nominations!
To nominate a young person aged between 11-26 years who is truly inspirational, follow these simple steps:
- log on to the event website www.youngscotawards.co.uk
- select the category that your nominee is best suited to
- fill in your contact details
- give an explanation why your nominee deserves to be recognised (no more than 250 words)
- click submit
- keep up to date on the Awards on social media using #YSAwards
Nominations close at midnight on Sunday 17th Feb 2013.
Please bring your nominations to life with lots of detail on why the young person is extraordinary enough to receive recognition. Tell us what they’ve done, how they went about doing it and what makes them so special.
We look forward to seeing some of our young people up for nominations.
- Date published: 03 September 2013
- Date updated: 26 September 2013
- Published by: sportscotland