sportsmatch has changed:
sportsmatch has recently been developed and refreshed to reflect sportscotland business priorities and take into considereations feedback from applicants. As a result the following changes have been implemented.
- Priority will be giving to:
- New applicants and sponsors
- Projects that increase club membership
- UKCC funding levels: Level 1 – 60% Level 2 – 30%
- Salaried posts – eligible elements of a salaried post that are NEW will be considered.
- sportsmatch and sponsors investment must contribute to the same project.
- Applications must clearly illustrate NEW and/or Enhanced activity.
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks before your project starts.
- Applications will only be assessed when all relevant documentation is submitted namely:
- Sponsorship Declaration Form - completed by each sponsor
- Governing Document e.g. Constitution, Memorandum & Articles etc
- Child Protection Policy
What is sportsmatch?
sportsmatch is an investment programme managed by sportscotland since 1992 through funding from the Scottish Government. The programme aims to encourage commercial businesses to invest in grassroots sport (defined as activity in which beginners and novices participate i.e. those that are new to the sport, or who wish to improve basic skills), through sponsorship to focus specifically on increasing club membership, participation and enhance the quality of experience for participants.
sportscotland will invest through sportsmatch by matching sponsorship in cash or in kind between the value of £500 - £10,000 on a £ for £ basis.
The following sections will guide you through the process of applying to sportsmatch and help you determine whether you, your sponsor/s and project are eligible for funding.
There is an Eligibility Checkpoint at the end of each section to help identify if your organisation, project and sponsor/s are eligible for sportsmatch investment. The checkpoints will also highlight requirements and expectations of you should your application be successful.
We strongly advise you to use the eligibility checkpoints before deciding to apply. Being eligible to apply does NOT necessarily mean that your application will be successful.
What can sportsmatch investment be used for?
The project activity must be a recognised sporting activity and must be delivered in 12 months or less.
The project must either:
- Increase club membership
- Improve the quantity and/or
- Quality of grassroots sports opportunities.
All projects must be NEW, and/or ENHANCE current activities.
What size are the awards?
Awards start at a minimum of £500 and go up to £10,000 per project. The award amount applied for cannot be more than the contribution provided from your sponsor(s).
Successful applicants will be required to submit an end of project report providing details of your project's achievements, outcomes and evidence of sportsmatch expenditure.
You will also be encouraged to use any channels available to you to promote your sportsmatch award and share ideas with us on how you will do this. Our communications team will support you across branding and correct use of logos, writing a press release and ideas for local promotion (press, radio etc.) as well as social media.
Further details and any other conditions will be in the Conditional Offer of an award.
When downloading an application form below, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer as your browser as opposed to Chrome or Firefox
- Date published: 07 April 2014
- Date updated: 12 August 2015
- Published by: sportscotland